Virtually yours: try on glasses online at home
Shopping for the perfect pair of glasses is often a process of trial and error. Choosing a style that matches your personality is just the first step, then you’ll need to make sure they suit your face shape. However, it’s not always easy to get down to your local opticians in person to test out different styles.
These days many people rely on online browsing, it’s often the quickest, and most convenient way to find inspiration online. Silhouette is known for its pioneering technology in glasses, and now, it brings the same innovation to the online experience with the ability to try on glasses virtually, from the comfort of your own home.
Here’s how it works:
- First, head to the Virtual Try-On section on the Silhouette website . You can also access the tool from any product page with the Try-On option. Scroll down and click Start using the Virtual Try-On.
- Depending on your browser settings, you may get a pop-up asking permission for camera access. Allow the tool to access your device’s camera.
- For best results, face a light source, align your face with the oval, take off your glasses, and tuck your hair behind your ears. When you’re ready, click Record Video.
- You’ll be asked to slowly turn your head to the left, back to the center, and then repeat to the right.
- The next step is optional but helps get the correct scale of the glasses. You’ll be asked to take a picture holding any plastic card (credit card size) against your forehead.
- Wait a few moments while the tool generates your Virtual Try-On session.
- Looking good! Now it’s time to start trying styles. Hit the sunglasses or optical eyewear button, depending on what you’re browsing for. Or if a particular frame has already caught your eye, select the Try-On icon directly from the product page.
- This will take you back to your Try-On video, wearing the selected pair of glasses. You can turn your head to see what they look like from all angles. If you want to compare several pairs, you can download images for your records.
- To keep browsing, just exit the pop-up. Your saved session will open each time you want to virtually try on a new pair of glasses until you find the one.
- Our top tip to find your next frames? Under the sunglasses or optical eyewear page apply further filters to narrow down your options and discover the perfect collection for you.
Now you never need to leave home to find out which eyewear styles will look great on you – a revolution when it comes to browsing for glasses online!
You’ve found the perfect pair, now what?
The final part of the shopping process will give you that professional, in-person experience you know and love from Silhouette. To order your new glasses, find your local retailer where you can try on your chosen pair in person – and realize they feel as good as they look!